Here are links to the first reports of Rowling's visit to New Orleans:
- Times-Picayune (via NOLA.com) Thanks Leaky & roonwit!
- Daily Comet
- Associated Press (via International Herald Tribune)
- WDSU television
The Times-Picayune article is the most complete. New canon:
- The first piece of literature that inspired Jo was The Wind in the Willows.
- Rowling wanted the books to show some of the evils of war: how "totally innocent people are slaughtered" and "that children lose their families."
- Cho Chang married a Muggle.
- Snape teaches Potions because Jo didn't do well in Chemistry and wanted revenge.