Sunday, August 13, 2006

Scoop's & QQQ updates

I am happy to say that the Quick-Quotes-Quill and Madam Scoop's Index to J.K. Rowling Interviews are both fully up-to-date with info from the latest interviews.

As pleased as I was to see the reference to Madam Pince, my favorite new tidbit is the news about Petunia. This is the exchange:
Unknown (1): I'm 18 years old and I'm from New York. My question is, in Half-Blood Prince, Aunt Petunia is said to be oddly flushed when Dumbledore announces that Harry will be returning only once more to Privet Drive. Does this mean that Aunt Petunia harbors a hidden love or fondness for Harry and the connection he provides her to the wizarding world?

JK Rowling: That's an excellent question. And like all the best and most penetrating questions, it's difficult to answer. But, I will say this. There is a little more to Aunt Petunia than meets the eye and you will find out what that is in book seven.
Jo's statement calls into delicious question her relationship with Vernon, and is making everyone wonder who of Lily's friends Petunia met. Think back to the ending of Book 5 -- weren't you surprised how Petunia took charge? What was in the earlier letter(s) between Petunia and Dumbledore? OK, OK, so Jo only said there was a *little* more to Petunia, but I can dream, can't I? There is so little theory wiggle room these days.

No comments: