Saturday, September 23, 2006

Changes are brewing at Madam Scoop's and the QQQ!

Until now, the Quick-Quote-Quill and Madam Scoop's were "in essence divided" even though I was maintaining both. Well, I decided to stop letting myself get distracted by all the fun stuff going on at the Lexicon and do what I have been planning for 2 years: combine the QQQ with Scoop's.

To mark it's metamorphosis, there will be a name change to Accio Quote! Something else we have been planning for a long time.

But hallelujah, I'm not doing this alone. I have the pleasure of announcing 2 new colleagues: Mike Gray (yes, THAT Mike Gray, the guy who created the QQQ), and Michael Young, better known as Roonwit.

The new site isn't launched yet. I am still trying to figure out the best way to do the navigation, and then I need to wait until the Floo Network server admins have the time to hook up the new URL. I'll keep you posted.

In the near future the two sites will be melded into one big database. Thanks to our former programmer Serge, we have a good start.

No comments: